Thursday, March 26, 2009

Our Family Blog






Well, here it is. My attempt at a cathartic outlet for the dramatic, crazy, silly, funny and emotional things that happen to the Cavalcanti Crew as our sweet Hannah grows up, changes, and cracks us up.

Today has been nutty, and it isn't even 11am! Hannah and I are babysitting for Hayden Devine, a sweet 4 month old little girl. Hayden was chilling in her walker, sucking innocently on a teething ring, when Hannah appeared and decided that even though it is not hers and she is not teething that toy should be hers. She took it and started sucking on it. I said, "Hannah- no take from babies! Give it back!" She took one look at me, stood up, and ran the opposite direction. I took the teether, cleaned it off, and gave it back to Hayden. Hannah saw me sit down and decided she would really like to have that teether, and she would go get it. She did. She saw me, heard me say no, and again ran the other direction so I couldn't take it. I took it, cleaned it, and this time after saying, "No No, give back to baby!" I took her, sat her against the wall in her bedroom, and came back out. We proceeded to do this 4 more times. Each time I took her in her room she cried in protest, got back up and did the same thing. FINALLY the 5th time, she picked up another toy and GAVE it to the baby. I tried not to laugh.

Then, I was doing some sketching at the kitchen table of an idea I am developing...Hannah wanted to see what I was doing (of course). I sat her on my lap and kept sketching. She got so excited and really wanted to draw. SO, loving to color and draw, I got out the crayons (4 of them) and some paper and put it on the floor. Hannah LOVED it! She made a nice speckled design on the paper, her leg, the tile floor, and Mommy's white t-shirt. THEN she got an even better idea! EAT the crayons! She wondered if blue tasted the same as green, so as she took a quick bite- she is FAST!!- it looked like she ate a smurf. She cried as i took them out of her mouth and put them away...time for a nap!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer,
    that is a nice attempt. Keep it up. I tried it once and after a month I was to tired to keep it up and updated. So go for it.
    Greetings from Germany Sebastian

    ReplyDelete